Thursday, April 19, 2012

Has anyone stayed at any of the Marriott Hotels in Paris?

We%26#39;re thinking of trading our Marriott points.



Has anyone stayed at any of the Paris Marriott Hotels?





Many Thanks




|||



I stayed at the Renaissance Vendome in December - nothing special, just another business hotel (could have been in any city in the world, except most places the rooms would have been larger). There is a JW Marriott (I think) on the left bank that I might explore the next time I%26#39;m thinking of trading in points.




|||



Thanks Berkeley Travelers- I appreciate the post!




|||



Are you planning on using marriott points? If so, beware. pasis is only category 6 or 7 and many times the hotels either do not take points or go to Anytime awards --- meaning double points.



Tha said the Marriott CE -the starship for the area- is fantastically located just like the Renaissance Place vendome or the Renaisssance Trocadero. The Rive Gauche is TOO big for my Paris taste. The rest are outside of Paris itself but not necessarily that far (specially the one at Nuelly - Courtyard)



Lualpa




|||



Are you planning on using marriott points? If so, beware. pasis is only category 6 or 7 and many times the hotels either do not take points or go to Anytime awards --- meaning double points.



Tha said the Marriott CE -the starship for the area- is fantastically located just like the Renaissance Place vendome or the Renaisssance Trocadero. The Rive Gauche is TOO big for my Paris taste. The rest are outside of Paris itself but not necessarily that far (specially the one at Nuelly - Courtyard)



Lualpa




|||



We stayed at the Renaissance Vendome last November and will be returning again over Thanksgiving taking our daughter and new son-in-law.



The hotel is stark/modern...so there is really no %26#39;ambience%26#39; to it. However, we found the location was great - close to shopping, Louvre, many restaurants.... a good %26#39;strolling%26#39; area. As there is no concierge lounge,we were given access to the breakfast in the hotel. We thought that the choices offered were plentiful. We did walk into the Marriott on the Champs Elysees, but to be honest we thought it was just too big and very impersonal. The staff at the Renaissance Vendome were very helpful, Xavier at the concierge desk was excellent!



The rooms are small, but we were able to work with it - and we each had a BIG suitcase. Our room had a large closet and shelves, and the bath was large.



We used points last year, and will be using points again for the return trip... as for the amount of points needed, it depends when you book and the availability of rooms at the lesser amount.




|||



I forgot to add.. it is just a block or so from the Metro.... and just around the corner from Angelinas (?) the wonderful hot chocolate place (sorry my brain is on recess right now!).





Carolynn




|||



Thanks for your reply Lualpa and imwmn913. Yes we were going to use our Marriott points. We could then splurge on delicious dinners and shopping!





We are trying to decide between the Champ-Elysees and Renaissance Place Vendom- Both hotels seem to be



recommended by TA. We have to decide fast....




|||



Hello there, for what it%26#39;s worth, I%26#39;ve been Parisian for the first 30 years of my life and I happen to try both hotel ( aying for my stay though :() I would advise you to go on the champs elysees one, Yes it%26#39;s big yes it%26#39;s impressive but the location is priceless and you%26#39;re close to so many nice places to visit . Nothing wrong with the place Vendome but I felt it was too quiet and too `wannabee fanc`y%26#39;



If you pm me I%26#39;ll gladly give you a few good places to eat...and not tourist traps...Enjoy your stay and say hello the the Big Lady for me :)




|||



Many thanks Luke911 for your assistance. I%26#39;d love



any restaurant recommendations, or must see non- touristy places. It is our very first trip!




|||



I think the Marriott on the Champs Elysees is very nice. I did not stay but saw rooms. Small size for a Marriott unless you go in the suites.

No comments:

Post a Comment