Saturday, April 21, 2012

apartment rental report, paris

I used %26quot;Vacation in Paris%26quot;: arranging the apartment rental went very well, quick and easy email communications around the reservation process, and the apartment really was there(my fear was that we would arrive in Paris and some problem would occur-unfounded, though). Apt was more or less as described. I might have preferred a bit more detail about bathroom layout(we were 3 generations of family in one apartment) but really, no complaints.





Having in-apartment washer dryer dishwasher was extremely convenient.




|||



What VIP number was this unit?




|||



I am quite concerned about sending a personal check to a private aprtment owner. He was recommended by rothray apartment rentals who are listed as respectable on Paris Notes Forum. We are concerned that our accoount info is available and I may not know if I have an aprtment when I get there. Vaction in Paris is booked too for my price range and does not have the districts that I am comfortable with at this time. Any ideas? LIGS




|||



In my experience, VIP is pretty reliable about their locations. Which areas are making you uncomfortable? If you post here seeking comments, you may be able to get specific feedback about them (or about the particular apartments, if you post questions asking about specific units - people who actually rented them may be able to comment on the areas for you).




|||



Berkley,



I appreciate your advice. Rothray apartments have written me back to vouch for their recommendation and so has the owner to accept bank checks for both deposit and balance upon arrival. This makes me more comfortable. However, it looks like the contract is asking me for an additional 500E upon arrival for security and there are all kinds of fees based on arrival time/day and departure. Is this usual? The address is Rue de Montmorency - 75003 Paris and the Metro stop closest is %26#39;RAMBUTEAU%26#39;. The apartment loos amazing and is 140E per night, it has 2 bedrooms and is on the first floor. Far too big for us but the price is lower than some much smaller places.It is a bit worrisome since I do not speak the language and do not know anyone there.



I am still waoting to hear back from France For Rent. They have several offerings that look good in the Marais District but have not yet contacted me other than to say they%26#39;ll get back to me. Has anyone dealt with France For Rent? LIGS




|||



I have been dealing with France for Rent and have been very happy with their responsiveness. I have been speaking with Emeline and she has been terrific. If we have had questions about the apartments, she had called the owners to get the information and then let us know.



There was one time when I had to call back to check something we%26#39;d asked and she apologized for not getting back as she%26#39;d been very busy. For the most part, they%26#39;ve been great. If you check the Slowtrav site, all the reviewers who have used France For Rent have been very happy with them. Good luck!!




|||



Mine was #81, canal st martin




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:36 am, October 08, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment