Saturday, April 21, 2012

Left Bank -charming boutique hotel

I am planning a trip to Paris for next May 2009. The way I imagine myself in Paris is in a small boutique charming hotel on the left bank. A very romantic room. I walk out of my hotel to feel that I live in Paris and can walk the streets to enjoy markets, cafe%26#39;s bakeries and the people. This is my dream trip. I want to feel the city.





Where should I stay?? I know you will all come through for me with the best little charming hotels!





Thank you ahead of time.



Deborah




|||



I don%26#39;t think you can feel like you live in Paris while you are staying in a hotel. I would suggest an apartment. That is where I stay when I come to Paris and, among other things, I feel more like I live there.




|||



This is a nice web site for hotels located in the Marais, you will love the area, it%26#39;s everything you are looking for in Paris. Focus on those hotels on the Isle St Louis. This is an island on the Seine River just south of Notre Dame.





parismarais.com/3-star-hotels-in-le-marais-p…




|||



There are four hotels on the Ile St. Louis: Jeu de Paume, St. Louis, Lutece, and Deux Iles. Lutece and Deux Iles are owned by a M. Buffat who owns two other hotels, the Galileo in the 8th and the Henri IV Rive Gauche in the 5th (left bank Latin Quarter).





Do a TA review of these hotels. Hopefully they are in your price range.




|||



ILWP has a good point - you might want to check out some of the recommended apartment agencies. Many studios are no more than (and often less than) a good hotel, but would allow you to have coffee and croissant %26quot;chez vous%26quot; (and if you%26#39;re lucky, on a little balcony overlooking the Seine).




|||



When I say I want to feel like I live in Paris I mean when I wander the streets in the morning for a coffee and pastry in an area that may have a bit more residential feel. I do not want an apartment, I want services that are included with a hotel. They can be minimal services but having maid service is important.





Thanks for all your suggestions it is appreciated





Deborah




|||



Thank you OldTravler I will look into these you suggested.





Deborah




|||



my wife and i returned a couple of weeks ago from paris, and thanks to TA we found a great, small, boutique, authentic left bank hotel in a non-touristy yet convenient neighborhood. it is located right on st. germain, a beautiful street. there was a small street market in the morning and otherwise, the shops and restaurants are all great.





small but comfortable, clean rooms and bathrooms and a very helpful front desk staff that spoke english.





after all this info, the hotel name is hotel abbatial. look up reviews here as we did.





enjoy your trip. paris is truly one of the great cities of the world. :)




|||



Hi;





To answer your question, you might look at:





http://www.hotel-grandes-ecoles.com/





Just a wonderful location, beautiful quiet courtyard...with a little imagination, you%26#39;ll feel you live in Paris...




|||



I am currently looking at the Hotel de la Sorbonne and Hotel des Grand Hommes both in the latin quarter and both which might fit your bill. Not sure what your budget is though both are reasonable affordable?




|||



My %26quot;home away from home%26quot; in Paris is the Hotel Les Degres de Notre Dame. It is a small hotel, wonderful location and the staff is great. They make me feel like family each time I return.





http://lesdegreshotel.monsite.wanadoo.fr/

No comments:

Post a Comment