Saturday, April 21, 2012

The search continues

I am still searching for a place to stay that will fit our budget. It seems that so many that look good are taken by the time I get to them or they are really above what I want to pay. So I could use some input. I have a lovely more expensive option in district 3 on Rue de Montmorency 140E per night and he wants 1/2 up front by bank check the rest upon arrival, as well as an additional 500E upon arrival for security. His name is Gerald Cl____ He was vouched for by Rothray. Then there is a studio in the 11th so far East that it borders on the 2oth. The metro stops there are Saint Ambroise/Saint Maur and the price is 55E per night. he requests a money transfer but it takes place on a secure website of paypal. His name is Dave Fl____ and it is through centreparis.com.



We probably won%26#39;t bein our room much but I know that I will not be keeping up with my daughter so a nice room nearby is good but is it worth so much? Alternately, less $$ means more money to spend inother ways. Is this too good to be true?



I do not speak the language, will be with my daughter and love to travel. HELP!!!!




|||



How old is your daughter? Are you looking for a studio or a 1 bedroom apartment? How long will you be in Paris?




|||



Check out parisrendezvous.com, they have two apartments in the Marais. I%26#39;ve booked 4 nights on Sept 5th, the owner Bernard Thomasson replies quickly to emails. I haven%26#39;t stayed yet but I did my research and emailed previous travelers who had nothing but good things to say, the area is very central and close to a metro station. Hope this helps.




|||



If you%26#39;re asking about reliability, Toutou, who posts here pretty regularly, likes centreparis. She%26#39;s used it recently and gave it good marks.




|||



I aould appreciate any advice that you can give me regarding the apartments that I listed above. I hear so many conflicting stories about traveling at night and safaety issues in various districts. My daughter is 21 and we are going to be in Paris late Septmeber into Ocotber for about 10 days. The time I chose appears to be a very busy time so my options are limited somewhat. I have another offer for the 7th district that is less expensive but I have to find a place to stay for the first 3 nights since they have no bookings. Would you opt for the 7th district above the 11th? Anyone? If I choose the 7th can anyone make a suggestion for some clean and budget hotels for the 2 of us? Merci%26#39;



IS there really a vacation at the end of allthis planning? LIGS




|||



When are you going to Paris? If it is very soon, perhaps you have to split your time between two living arrangements. However, I wouldn%26#39;t do it unless you have to. The 7th sounds like a fine place to stay but try to find some place you can settle into without having to move again.





There are literally hundreds of apartments in Paris. I know it is tedious but it can make the difference between an enjoyable trip and NOT.





Believe me, it will all be worth your effort. Paris is fabulous.




|||



As you know, you really need to firm this up before your options become even more limited.





I happen to prefer the 7th, and would definitely choose that over the 11th toward the 20th, for the location and more charming atmosphere, along with the plethora of restaurants, shops, etc.





For more economical hotel rates in the 7th, look at Hotel de France, Hotel Eber Mars, Hotel Prince. Often, checking availability on Venere is most efficient. But, always check rates on the hotel web sites and book directly if they%26#39;re about the same.




|||



Look athe B%26amp;B reviews - La Guriniere is a comfortable, affordable B%26amp;B (we paid 80 Euros / double room, including breakfast) in a suburb of Paris. Malakoff is an easy trip on the metro from the centre of Paris. The B%26amp;B is located about 5 minutes from the Metro station, has a lovely garden in which to relax after a busy day, and is close to bakeries, grocery stores, bistros and the town market place. All the reviews are excellent - my husband and I stayed there in July - then 2 days in the centre (Hotel Royal Magda - lose to the Arc de Triomphe - around 140 Euros / night / double room - excluding breakfast) - also great - clean %26amp; comfartable. For a 10 day stay, I would stay in the B%26amp;B though - it has all you need. Enjoy the trip !




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:22 am, October 08, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment