Thursday, March 29, 2012

How do you get your seat assigned on Air France?

Hi





We are flying from Detroit to Paris on Air France on 11-13-2008. Can anyone tell us how and when they assign seats and if you can change or assign them yourself online?





Thanks



Joe and Sheryl




|||



You should be able to go online and pick your seats, if not now, then closer to the flight date.




|||



If you are flying an Air France codeshare partner (as when I purchased a Delta ticket for an Air France flight), I had to call AF directly for seat assignments.




|||



Hi Ouiparis and Codyody





Thanks for the replies and advice.





We did book thru Northwest so it sounds like we need to call.





Thanks Again,



Joe and Sheryl




|||



We%26#39;ve never gotten the seats we reserved for the trip home from Paris. I advise you to get to CDG really eary if you want to get the seats you pre-selcted.




|||



A few years ago I was booked on Delta and asked the travel agent to get seats that were close to the front of the coach section so I could get out sooner and have an easier time making connections. I looked up the seats online and saw that they were very good choices.



On the Delta flight I had the seat I expected. On the AF flight, although I had the seat number I expected, the plane was configured differently and the seat was very far back.




|||



Depending on how you booked and your confirmation number, you may be able to select your seats on the Air France web site. Otherwise, call Air France.





It%26#39;s best if you familiarize yourself with the planes. Seatguru is one of many resources.





If you%26#39;ll be on a plane with an upper level, try to get seats up there - trust me on this!





We%26#39;ve always been able to get even better seats by getting to the airport very early - if not exit row, that blessed upper level.




|||



European airlines do seat allocations differently to American ones.





For most European and Asian airlines, a seat booking is merely an indication of preference. You will not be given an exit row seat except by a check-in agent at the airport, because you MUST be willing and physically able to help other people in case of emergency, not be travelling with children, or use a walking stick etc.





The only way to make sure you get the seat you want is to be first in line when the checkout opens.





Simon



http://daysontheclaise.blogspot.com/




|||



%26lt;%26lt;The only way to make sure you get the seat you want is to be first in line when the checkout opens.%26gt;%26gt;





Well, that is not necessarily true. We checked in for our flight last year and I totally forgot to double check or even look at our seat assignments, because it%26#39;s been so long since we%26#39;ve not gotten the seats chosen when booking. Sometime later, sitting around after having a bite to eat, I took a look at our boarding passes and noticed that our seats were NOT the ones I booked and were WAY in the back of the plane. I flew back to the check-in desk, and went right up to a clerk, who told me that the seats you booked are not guaranteed. But, then he gave me new boarding passes with exit row seats. Go figure.




|||



I lost good seats 4 times in the months leading up to the AF flights--kept getting worse!! On the domestic check-in, Delta agents could not change seats. When we got to ATL we were stuck with what we had. On the return flght we were Ist in line at CDG and the wonderful AF agent worked her magic and got us better seats. Moral of the story--you may have to work with AF several times--keep checking your seats on the AF website




|||



Just to add my own anecdote. We booked nonstop flights from LAX to CDG via Expedia.com. I was able to change our seats online on AirFrance%26#39;s website. This trip occurred this past February.

No comments:

Post a Comment