Friday, March 23, 2012

Ski Line - Alpe d'Huez Chalet les Campanules

Hi all,





I%26#39;ve booked a trip using Ski Line at Chalet les Campanules in Alpe d%26#39;Huez for 18people. Their %26quot;sub-agent%26quot; is Rocket Ski that actually sent me the booking confo.





Probably a bit late to be asking, but does anyone have any comment on the service that Ski line/Rocket ski has provided them, or perhaps on comments on the Chalet?





Furthermore if you%26#39;ve been to Alpe d%26#39;Huez before, I would appreciate any suggestions that can add to the experience at Alpe d%26#39;Huez.





Thanks so much




|||



Hi!





Just saw your message and thought I couldn%26#39;t really not reply... I%26#39;m not even a member, so had to sign up!





Anyway, we were in that very Chalet last year, booked through skiline and travelling with Rocket Ski.





I booked for 19 of us to go out there in March last year which is the second year I%26#39;ve organised a big trip.





The service I got from skiline leading up to the holiday was excellent - had to make a few people changes + someone who only came for a few days. Rocketski were pretty good, but not amazing, compared with previous years.





The chalet itself is great - hottub downstairs which was really good. You can ski back to within about 20m of the chalet and its only a 2 min walk to the piste in teh morning.





We%26#39;re all in our mid-late 20s and mostly all friends still from uni. Great atmosphere in teh chalet in the evenings for meals etc. Although the sofas are not very comfy!



It is quite a way from the main part of the town which is a shame if you want to go to bars etc in the evenings.





The felt the lift system let us down a bit in Alpe D%26#39;Huez - a bit old now and gets jammed up very easily.





Having said all that, we had an excellent holiday that was thoroughly enjoyed by everyone.





I%26#39;m in the process of trying to find a chalet for next year. I%26#39;ve been with skiline+rocketski for the last 2 years and they have been very good, but they haven%26#39;t yet come up trumps on the chalet just yet.





If you have any suggestions of similar places, for similar numbers, or other operators that are also good, please let me know.





Thanks,





Graham




|||



Hi Graham,





I only came accross this post of yours today! Thanks so much for taking the time to post this.





This is my first year that I%26#39;m organising the trip so I don%26#39;t have much experience in this regard, I do know however that a number my friends are going to Meribel and others to Verbier - they%26#39;ve all reported fantastic accomodation deals etc.





Will investigate.





Have a good one!





Cheers




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 pm, October 03, 2009

1 comment: