Tuesday, March 27, 2012

National/Citer La Rochelle Not a good deal

Hello folks,





I did come to La Rochelle for my vacations. I did book a car online with Alamo, that is very nice, I got a very good fare. I hired a Citroen C4 with National Citer, from the downtown agency.





When I get back home, I got a lot of surprises, the agency manager, he is the owner, his name is Francois Drot. They did charge me for over 75€ to refuel the car and €30 for a child seat, I was alone, no kids with me !





I contacted them to ask why they charged my credit card, and they do not want to answer me ! When I call they just hang up the phone, they don%26#39;t let me explain.





They told me to send a fuel receipt (I did already when I returned the car) and that for the child seat, it was written on my contract, my own copy doesn%26#39;t mention that.





I did contact Alamo to warn this guy Francois Drot. I did hire a car with many other company in France, I never had any problem ! National Citer in La Rochelle make my car rental unacceptable !





I will never hire a car from them in La Rochelle, and be carefull if you plan to book a car with them, they are many other companies, maybe better than them over La Rochelle trains stations, like Europcar or Avis and Budget and Hertz.





Sorry, I also had to warn you, because they charged me with no reasons...




|||



I am always suspicious when a first posting is one that is slagging off a company!




|||



It%26#39;s always suspicious, isn%26#39;t it? Especially when the syntax sounds as though the first language is French, rather than English.





Packers 1123 - take up this problem with your credit card company. They are the ones who will contest this charge.




|||



In fact, I%26#39;m in a similar situation having hired car from national car rental during June/July. the crooks charged me an extra 34.44 EUR for petrol when I had inf act returned the car full of petrol. Of course, I have disputed this with my credit card company who will no doubt investigate it, but what a hassle to have to go through it all, not to mention the cost of long distance phone calls.



So, don%26#39;t be suspicious about the first post - if I can speak from my own experience it is true. National Car Rental in La Rochelle are dodgy - try somewhere else there are plenty of companies around.




|||



And yet another first poster slagging off the company.




|||



Seems odd to me that there are two first time posters from the UK who have no idea about UK credit card law. If the company is as dodgy as they say, then these people deserve to be ripped off for being stupid and not knowing how to deal with this kind of thing......




|||



And are car hire companies that stupid for thinking they can get away with these extra charges??? It%26#39;s very inconvenient to have to sort this mess afterwards, but of course you would never fall prey to that would you? Some people are just so smug aren%26#39;t they?





It amuses the way some people have no life and just sit and peruse chat forums all day long....





How about offering some constructive advice on avoiding getting ripped off next time eh?




|||



I had Hertz charge me for fuel once, after I had returned the car fully fuelled in Poitiers. I rang Hertz in the UK and they refunded the money - one 2 minute call to a local number. It%26#39;s because they like to brim the car, and youre probably like me and only first click it.




|||



Lucky that Hertz had such good customer service and they obviously care about their reputation. Believe me, no-one wants the hassle of complaining and maybe the car hire company was relying on boosted profits from a lazy person who did not bother to follow up...





The purpose reason for posting this is not to get slag off the company but to see if others have had similar experiences in ths regard and for us all to learn from our mistakes.




|||



I booked a car with sixt after trawling through the web as prices appeared high for other companies. This guy only appeared to be renting to us this day lovely car great service. None of the trying to sell you additional services as some companies do.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:27 am, October 02, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment