Monday, April 23, 2012

France, Italy / other places - Driving in winter

Hello everyone





Firstly, I thank anyone who takes the time te respond to my questions below:





My family and I (my wife, 9 yeor old daughter and myself) are flying into London on the 22nd of December 2008 and do not depart until the 18th January 2009.





This gives us four (4) weeks to see a little slice of Europe and because I fly alot with my job, it was decided that we would take the train from London to Paris and spend a few days enjoying the city. From there we would like to hire a car and look into the possibilities of visiting some of the following in no order:





Some places in Germany/Austria (rent a Chalet)



Biarritz



Nice / French Rivierra



Italian Rivierra (Genoa and Positano)



Amalfi Coast



Venice



Florence



Rome (a must)





Obviously we are only just starting our research and don%26#39;t know how realistic the above places are to visit in say 3 weeks.





My questions are:





1 - How safe is it to drive in these places in Winter considering the climate should me warmer than in other parts of Europe?



2 - Please suggest any other places we should consider visiting (my assistant recommended the Normandie region for Mont Saint Michel for example).



3 - does anyone recommend any good accommodation along the way?







Look forward to your replies and thank you again.






|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:24 am, October 08, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment