Monday, April 23, 2012

Good restaurants that would welcome a baby?

Hi,





We will be travelling to Paris with our 10 month old baby next week and I am looking for suggestions of restaurants that serve great food but would welcome a baby. My husband and I have been to Paris several times previously and have enjoyed dining at places such as Atelier Maitre Albert, Chez Georges and le Procope, however I would not feel comfortable taking a baby to any of these restaurants in fear of disturbing the experience of other patrons (although he is well very well behaved).





Instead of dining at night we will probably have our main meal at lunch...nothing worse than a tired baby!





We are staying in the 7th but will be roaming all over, so location is not a huge issue.





I look forward to your suggestions, thanks!




|||



My husband is French...we do not have children yet...but friends of ours who live in France say it is very difficult with babies and restos in Paris (or France for that matter). They dont provide highchairs like the US restos do. I have never experienced it...but come to think about it I dont think i have ever seen one in Paris at all. Its usually pretty tight in a resto any way so adding a bulky baby highchair would be difficult. Not to discourage you or anything...im sure they are out there.





but it just seems Paris accepts dogs in their restos more that babies ;-) they do love their dogs! Good luck!




|||



Hi Tee,





That is exactly what I thought, i can%26#39;t recall ever seeing a baby in restaurants we have visited, I do have one of those adaptable high chair things that you put on a regular chair as I have heard high chairs are virtually non existent.





Does anyone else have any suggestions or am I going to miss out on further exploring the culinary delights of Paris...then again I will certainly make use of the wonderful market produce, boulangeries etc, so it%26#39;s not all bad!




|||



Honestly I don%26#39;t know of any restaurant anywhere that %26quot;welcomes%26quot; a baby. Babies are tolerated as long as they don%26#39;t disturb the other patrons. If they do, you need to get your baby out of there. That is common courtesy in France, the US or, I imagine, anywhere.





Sorry, it isn%26#39;t easy being a parent of a baby but you have to do the right thing anyway.





I hope it works out for you. I don%26#39;t recall seeing any babies in Paris restaurants either.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:34 am, October 08, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment