Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Mobility scooter to Bon Laboureur,Chenonceaux & Loire Valley

Dear All,





It is 40 years since I have visited the Bon Laboureur and the Loire Valley and I dare say the hotel has changed greatly in that time. I was also a child on my previous visit and quite able bodied. Has anyone been there recently and noticed whether my scooter can be used. I need level ground,steps are an impossibility.





Also, any ideas of museums or vineyards and other attractions that I can visit. I have a 10 year old who I would love to take to as many places as possible.





Many thanks and fingers crossed!




|||



Bon Laboureur is much loved by wine people I know including Jim Budd, who partly lives nearby and is the writer for www.winetravelguides.com. He recommends both the hotel and the restaurant and I admit they look fabulous. The website (www.bonlaboureur.com/HotelUK.asp) doesn%26#39;t make it clear whether there are ground floor rooms or a lift, but I would give them a call - they are sure to have someone who can speak English.





For wine, I would visit a wine shop in Montlouis owned by vignerons - La Cave Insolite (www.cave-insolite-chidaine.com) as a first stop and they would then be able to direct you to the right Loire vineyards that you will be able to visit - it won%26#39;t be easy as many have their tasting rooms in cellars.





I%26#39;m sure the big chateaux would have facilities so that you can use your scooter.





Good luck - and if you get stuck let me know by PM and I%26#39;ll ask my writer about the hotel.




|||



Dear Winetravelguides,





Thanks for your response and help.





When booking I rang the hotel and they have given us accomodation on the ground floor which they have promised is as suitable as possible. Though their English was good I don%26#39;t think they were familiar with the concept of a scooter. If you could speak to your expert I%26#39;d be most grateful.





Kind regards.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:20 pm, October 07, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment