Monday, April 23, 2012

1st time to Paris, advice appreciated!

Hi





I%26#39;m taking my fiance on a 30th birthday surprise to Paris in September %26amp; I%26#39;ve booked the Hotel Diana afer reading great reviews on this site!





I%26#39;m just a bit confused as to the different areas of Paris %26amp; could do with some advice on getting from CDG airport on a friday nite (bout 10pm) to the hotel? Ideally I%26#39;d like to use the train, any ideas about the route?





Also on the Monday morning we%26#39;ve got an early flight home 8am so need advice on the best way to get back to CDG?!!!





Also if we get to the hotel around 11pm (I%26#39;m guessing!!) Is it still possible to go exploring the city, just I know when we get there we%26#39;ll be wanting to see the Eiffel Tower!!!







Thanks in advance!




|||



Hey!





As far as arriving at 11pm goes there is time to relax and chill out as most cafes and bars are open till around two so you could stay in your own area, you%26#39;re not far from st germain which has some lovely places and also the latin quarter.





As far as the Eifell tower goes obviously it will be closed but I remember my boyfriend and I on our first time in Paris went to the eifell tower around that time and stayed a while just sitting on a bench walking around and it was lovely.




|||



You will have time to see the Eiffel Tower twinkle. It does it for 5-10 minutes on each hour. Midnight is the last time each night. Don%26#39;t miss it--it%26#39;s magical!




|||



You could also walk over to the Notre Dame area - my husband and I were there late one night, it%26#39;s so much fun! In front of the cathedral were musicians, magicians, tons of people mingling and hanging out - fun! There will also be tons of restaurants, bars open until late.



I clicked on the hotel website - they mention being close to a Metro stop that goes to CDG. Check that out, we took the Metro to the airport - no problems.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 am, October 08, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment